Sunday, January 22, 2012

Say Oh...This Feelin' You Can't Fight

Press play. Read. Smile. Enjoy.


You know that feeling when everything seems to be going right? You walk around with this stupid smirk on your face with your head in the clouds, loving every minute of every day of life.

Yeah well that's been me the past two weeks. I don't want to brag, but I feel like so many things have been going my way lately.

I'm writing for BYU's student-run newspaper, The Daily Universe, this semester and it's been such a blast. I'm lucky enough to cover the men's volleyball team, so I get to interview really tall, attractive, athletic guys as part of my grade! I also get courtside seats to every game. Good deal? I think yes.
The DU's made me realize that I am really in the right major. So many people have asked me why I chose journalism, and I always answered that it was all I was really good at. But now I've realized that I really have a passion for the business of reporting. For the first time ever I really feel like I have a clear purpose and direction for my life. And it feels great.

Life outside of school has also been quite splendid. I've been making a lot of new friends and they are so so great! I've come to realize that without awesome people in my life, I would be a miserable person. I thank God everyday for the incredible people I have the people of knowing.

I won't go into any details about why I'm just on top of the world lately, but I will say that for the first time in a long time I feel like I've finally hit my stride. For the past year or so I've just felt so...lost. Like I was doing nothing more than just going through the motions, with no real sense of happiness, belonging, anything. Now, I'm feeling quite good about my life.

It's like OneRepublic put it: "Please tell me what there's to complain about." Yeah, I know there are plenty of things to complain about, but really, happiness is a choice. And why choose anything but happiness? Look for the good things in your life and you'll start realizing that in reality, you're really living the Good Life. :)

And some final words of wisdom that help me keep my head up....

2 comments: